Operations Director, Capital Letters
Up to £98,945
About Capital Letters
Capital Letters is a new venture and is a collaboration between London boroughs working together to improve housing options for homeless households. Capital Letters is being established as a not-for-profit organisation which will procure accommodation on behalf of the boroughs. This will reduce competition between councils and produce better outcomes for London’s homeless households. Through this joint working, boroughs will become more efficient in securing accommodation within London and will be able to place households closer to home.
About the role
Capital Letters is an exciting new venture and are now looking to recruit an Operations Director to form part of its Executive Team to lead and shape the future for this organisation The role will be responsible for all operations, including asset management, housing management, customer services and Health & Safety, in addition to working with the Chief Executive to shape the strategic direction of the organisation.
A strong senior-level operations background will be essential as well an excellent record of collaborative strategic leadership and delivering successful organisational change with the energy and drive to lead the Operations Team. The role will be challenging and will provide the creative and flexible post-holder with an unparalleled opportunity to drive the performance and shape the strategy of a new and ambitious organisation. A high level of business acumen, strategic understanding with the ability to balance social purpose with commerciality is a given, as well as the ability to influence and communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Capital Letters or the Operations Director role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Information about Capital Letters – Chris Wood, Partner – email@example.com| 07932 693292
- Information about the recruitment process – Laura Martell, Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org| 07917 680837
How to apply
To apply for the position of Operations Director at Capital Letters, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,500 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements.
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,500 words) explaining your motivation in applying for the position at Capital Letters. You should also address the requirements set out in PART ONE of the person specification, summarising how you feel that your experience makes you a suitable candidate and giving examples of specific achievements which demonstrate your competence of relevance to the role you are applying for
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack)
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Friday 19th July 2019. The job reference code is ALT257.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files