Managing Director, Calico Homes
Circa £75k plus £5k car allowance
About Calico Homes
Calico Homes, part of the Calico Group, owns and manages approximately 4,600 homes in Lancashire. We aim to make a difference to the quality of life of individuals and the wider communities in which we work. We provide accommodation for families and older people, plus supported housing and services for homeless people.
The Managing Director position is a new role, created to lead Calico Homes and work across the Calico Group, working collaboratively with other parts of the group to maximise opportunities to create innovate solutions to improve other people’s lives. Calico Homes sits at the heart of the Group’s strategic objectives and collaborative working with fellow subsidiaries provides exciting opportunities to make a real difference. Examples of this include the Gateway project, an impressive architectural gateway into Burnley providing 30 units with communal space for homeless people. Companies in the Calico Group are working together to provide an array of services to customers with complex needs linked to homelessness including drug and alcohol rehabilitation and employment and training support.
About the role
Priorities for the postholder will be to deliver even easier access to an effective and supportive service to our customers and to motivate and lead the team through this change. Leading a team of 120 people with responsibility for income of circa £22m pa, and budgets of £8m pa, the postholder will also be responsible for reporting to the board of Calico Homes and also to the Group Board.
We are looking for a community focused, collegiate leader with a passion for excellent customer service as well as strategic vision and who importantly shares our values (outlined at Appendix One). Living our values is central to how we work at Calico. They shape how we work with our customers and how we work with one another. We all commit to and care about:
- going one step further with our customers
- improving and strengthening ourselves and our organisation
- our wellbeing as individuals and teams
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about this role, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management, Altair Ltd – mobile: 07806 602933, email: email@example.com
- Jo-Anne Morgan, Principal Consultant, Altair Ltd – mobile: 07966 612592, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Managing Director of Calico Homes position, please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,500 words, including details of positions held and dates with relevant examples of achievements
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,500 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Calico and addressing how you meet Part One of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees(including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment monitoring form (please click the highlighted text to download the Word version)
The closing date for applications is 10:00am Monday 17 February 2020. The job reference code is ALT266.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files