Non-Executive Board Member, Sutton Housing Partnership
Voluntary, all expenses paid
About Sutton Housing Partnership
Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP) manage and maintain the London Borough of Sutton’s 7,500 homes and are responsible for delivering housing related support services that improve the sustainability of tenancies, promote independent living and create secure, welcoming communities. SHP is delighted that our management agreement was extended for 10 years from 2019.
We are focused upon creating connected communities with more successful households that are able to prosper in our ambitious Borough. We are in the midst of a transformational change programme to deliver our new strategic vision, the SHP New Deal, changing our relationships with residents into a genuine partnership based around mutual rights and responsibilities.
About the Role
Our new non-executive director will embrace our vision and bring strategic experience and stewardship to steer, support and challenge us during these transformational years. Candidates with social housing strategic management experience (housing management or asset management) and a commitment to our local area, residents and our communities will be welcomed. Previous non-executive experience is desirable but not essential.
Board members are expected to attend approximately 10 – 12 meetings per year. Board meetings are generally held on Wednesday evenings, two board strategy sessions per year take place on weekends. Board members are also expected to attend some resident scrutiny, involvement or community events which can take place on evenings, weekends or within working hours.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about this role, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Search and Interim Management on 07806 602933 or email@example.com
- Chris Wood, Group Director on 07932 693 292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for the Non-Executive Board Member position at SHP, please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,500 words, including details of positions held and dates with relevant examples of achievements
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,500 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at SHP and addressing PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees(including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment monitoring form (please click the highlighted text to download the Word version)
The closing date for applications is 10:00am, 10th February 2020. The job reference code is ALT268.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files