Board Members, Vivo Care Choices Ltd
Remuneration: c. £6,000 per annum plus expenses
Vivo Care Choices provides a range of flexible and responsive support for people with learning disabilities and autism and older people, including those with dementia. We are wholly owned by Cheshire West and Chester Council and have been operating since 2013. We currently employ 499 staff and have more than 120 volunteers supporting our services. We have 750 people who use our services and deliver 50,000 hours of care in a typical month.
About the role
As part of the Board renewal process we are now looking to recruit two new Board Members. These members will strengthen our collective skills and experience and, whilst we envisage that they could come from a variety of backgrounds, they will have a commercial outlook and experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships, particularly those that cross the public and private sectors.
We are also looking for our new board members to have senior, strategic level experience of one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Commercial finance skills and business planning
- Transformation and service improvement
- Public/private sector partnerships
- Delivery and commissioning of adult social care
- Information Technology and digitalisation
Whilst the provision of social care is subject to many challenges, Vivo are committed to providing high-quality person-centred care that enables people to be safe, engaged within their communities and as independent as possible. Our Board plays a key role in supporting our Executive Leadership Team and the wider staff in delivering our vision.
We are keen to ensure that our Board connects with our customers and continues to champion diversity. For this recruitment we are particularly keen to attract younger Board Members and those from BAME communities. We are also an accredited Disability Confident Employer.
For an informal and confidential discussion about becoming a Board Member at Vivo Care Choices please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Recruitment, Altair. Mobile: 07806 602933 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant, Altair. Mobile: 07876 492526, email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation(please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position) (no more than 2,000 words)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Vivo Care Choices and also addressing how you meet the essential requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than 2,000 words).
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission.
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am Monday 30 November 2020. The job reference code is ALT292. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files