Chair, Central & Cecil Housing Trust (C&C)
£10k per annum plus expenses – up to three days per month
About Central & Cecil Housing Trust (C&C)
Central and Cecil Housing Trust (C&C) is a non-for-profit housing association providing housing and care services to the over 55s. C&C was founded over 90 years ago by Mrs Chesterton to provide refuge to homeless young women. Since then, C&C have continued to offer inspirational, person-centered care and support to the over 55s in London.
We are the housing provider “where inspiration lives”, aspiring to be inspirational in everything we do. We aim to tackle the chronic undersupply of age appropriate homes in London, building aspirational homes and communities. We want to start a revolution in the housing sector and rethink ‘age’, banning the word ‘old’ that portrays so much stigma and loss.
In total we have nearly 2,000 homes, employ around 400 people and had a turnover of £26.6m in the year ending March 2018.
Our residential care homes are specialists in dementia care rated Good (and in some categories, Outstanding) by the CQC. Our affordable housing offers a range of accommodation to cater all income levels, including general needs, supported and sheltered accommodation. Our new housing provider 55 London, established in 2019, provides housing to the middle market. Our trading company C&C Innovations Limited offers luxury retirement homes to a private residential market.
About the role
We are seeking candidates with a range of non-executive experience gained in organisations of a similar scale, complexity and (preferably) regulatory regime. Other essentials include the following:
- Strategic leadership and vision
- Governance experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitions for our customers and C&C’s commitment to enabling our customers to realise their individual potential
The time commitment for the Chair position is up to 36 days per annum (including preparation time etc.). The remuneration is £10k per annum plus expenses. Board meetings are held in our main office in Central London.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about C&C or the Chair role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – firstname.lastname@example.org | 07806 602933
How to apply
To apply for the role of Chair at C&C, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets
and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications.
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at C&C and also addressing PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with the strictest confidence.
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am Monday 8th April 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT400.
Download the required files