Non-Executive Board Members (x3), Capital Letters
£4,000 - £4,500 per annum (time commitment approximately 0.5 days per month)
About Capital Letters
Capital Letters is a collaboration between London boroughs working together to improve housing options for homeless households. Through this joint working, boroughs will become more efficient in securing accommodation within London and will be able to place households closer to home. Capital Letters is being established as a not-for-profit organisation which will procure accommodation on behalf of the boroughs. This will reduce competition between councils and produce better outcomes for London’s homeless households.
For more information about Capital Letters, please download and review the draft Business Plan – please note that this plan is in draft form and is currently in the process of being updated.
About the role
Capital Letters is now looking to recruit to a number of senior leadership roles, including three Board Members. Board Members will be responsible for the overall strategic leadership of Capital Letters, governing the delivery of the organisation’s ambitions.
Successful applicants will have strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm and will be able to successfully act as an ambassador for the organisation and win the confidence of stakeholders. A clear strategic focus will be essential, as will strong team-working skills and the ability to both support and challenge others through fresh thinking and innovation. We are seeking individuals to cover a range of skills requirements – applications are welcomed from those with a background in one or more of the following:
- Public sector finance
- Welfare benefits
- Marketing and communications
- Landlord lettings agent experience
- Property maintenance (including health and safety and regulatory compliance)
- Business and small company experience expertise, including business growth and stakeholder management
- Customer service excellence
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Capital Letters or the Non-Executive Board Member role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – firstname.lastname@example.org | 07806 602933
How to apply
To apply for the role of Non-Executive Board Member at Capital Letters, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,500 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements.
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,500 words) explaining your motivation in applying for the position at Capital Letters. You should also address the requirements set out in PART ONE of the person specification, summarising how you feel that your experience makes you a suitable candidate and giving examples of specific achievements which demonstrate your competence of relevance to the role you are applying for
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am, Monday 18 March 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT401.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files