Chief Executive Officer, Capital Letters
Up to £109,000 per annum + benefits London
About Capital Letters
Capital Letters is a collaboration between London boroughs working together to improve housing options for homeless households. Through this joint working, boroughs will become more efficient in securing accommodation within London and will be able to place households closer to home. Capital Letters is being established as a not-for-profit organisation which will procure accommodation on behalf of the boroughs. This will reduce competition between councils and produce better outcomes for London’s homeless households.
For more information about Capital Letters, please download and review the draft Business Plan – please note that this plan is in draft form and is currently in the process of being updated.
About the role
Capital Letters is now looking to recruit to a number of senior leadership roles, including its Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will be responsible for the overall performance of the organisation and will report to the Board of Directors. The role will have an operational focus in the short-term as the organisation is set up, but will also play a vital role in establishing Capital Letters’ strategic position with external partners such as MHCLG, the GLA, London Councils, managing agents, landlords, and developers.
The successful applicant will be the driving force of the organisation, using their business acumen, strategic thinking and social heart to set the standard of the organisation’s work. Inspirational leadership ability will be essential, as will a track record of working collaboratively and successfully leading major organisational change. We are looking for a Chief Executive who will embrace innovation, welcome robust challenge, exercise sound judgement and provide clear direction.
The role will be a challenging one but will provide the post-holder with an unparalleled opportunity to shape the strategy and long-term vision of a new and ambitious organisation.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Capital Letters or the Chief Executive role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Information about Capital Letters – Chris Wood, Group Director – firstname.lastname@example.org | 07932 693292
- Information about the recruitment process – Toby Lebeter, Consultant – email@example.com | 07833 227379
How to apply
To apply for the Chief Executive Officer at Capital Letters, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,500 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements.
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,500 words) explaining your motivation in applying for the position at Capital Letters. You should also address the requirements set out in PART ONE of the person specification, summarising how you feel that your experience makes you a suitable candidate and giving examples of specific achievements which demonstrate your competence of relevance to the role you are applying for
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am, Monday 18 March 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT402.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files