Finance & Resource Director, Capital Letters
Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits
About Capital Letters
Capital Letters is a collaboration between London boroughs working together to improve housing options for homeless households. Through this joint working, boroughs will become more efficient in securing accommodation within London and will be able to place households closer to home. Capital Letters is being established as a not-for-profit organisation which will procure accommodation on behalf of the boroughs. This will reduce competition between councils and produce better outcomes for London’s homeless households.
For more information about Capital Letters, please download and review the draft Business Plan – please note that this plan is in draft form and is currently in the process of being updated.
About the role
Capital Letters is now looking to recruit to a number of senior leadership roles, including its Finance & Resource Director. The role will be responsible for driving the financial and resource performance of Capital Letters, in addition to working with the Chief Executive to shape the strategic direction of the organisation.
The successful applicant will be comfortable working in both an operational and strategic capacity. A strong senior-level financial background in the social housing or local government sectors will be essential, as will demonstrable experience of strategic working and operational experience of handling complex financial transactions.
The role will be a challenging one but will provide the post-holder with an unparalleled opportunity to drive the performance and shape the strategy of a new and ambitious organisation.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Capital Letters or the Finance & Resource Director, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Information about Capital Letters – Chris Wood, Group Director – email@example.com | 07932 693292
- Information about the recruitment process – Laura Martell, Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org | 07917 680837
How to apply
To apply for the Finance & Resource Director at Capital Letters, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,500 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements.
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,500 words) explaining your motivation in applying for the position at Capital Letters. You should also address the requirements set out in PART ONE of the person specification, summarising how you feel that your experience makes you a suitable candidate and giving examples of specific achievements which demonstrate your competence of relevance to the role you are applying for
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am, Monday 25 March 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT403.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files