Board Members, Sussex Housing & Care
Seaford (Near Brighton)
£1,500 per annum (plus expenses) approx. 1 day per month
About Sussex Housing & Care
At Sussex Housing & Care we care about making a difference to people’s lives and our local presence means we can put residents at the heart of what we do. We are an independent housing association with a proud history. Our 180 staff provide housing and care support to over 800 residents in our sheltered housing, leasehold housing and four care homes in Sussex.
This is an exciting time to join us. We have just published our strategic plan for the next three years and from a financially stable position are moving forward with our plans to grow the organisation through development. We intend to develop our services to meet the expectations and needs of our existing and future residents.
About the role
We are looking to strengthen our highly skilled Board by appointing additional new Board members who will bring their expertise and enthusiasm to our team.
We are particularly keen to attract candidates with current expertise in:
- asset management
- delivery of housing development programmes
Non-executive experience isn’t essential as we can provide mentoring, but we are looking for people with a strategic focus. We are also keen to improve diversity on the Board and so would welcome applications from suitably qualified people from within the BAME community, people with disabilities and LGBT+ candidates.
The Board meets six times a year at our office in Seaford. The meetings are currently held on a Tuesday afternoon but we can be flexible to accommodate the needs of our incoming board members. We will be establishing a Development Committee shortly which will meet as and when required. Board members will hold a place on either the Audit and Risk Committee or the Development Committee. The time commitment for a board member is approximately 8 hours per month.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Sussex Housing & Care or the role of Board Member, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head Executive Search and Interim Management – email@example.com | 07806 602933
How to apply
To apply for the role of Board Member at Sussex Housing & Care, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications, training and development
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at SHC and also addressing PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements which demonstrate your competence for this role
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 3 of this recruitment pack)
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Tuesday 23 April 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT405
Download the required files