Development Manager, PLACE Ltd
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
£75,750 - £90,000
About PLACE Ltd
PLACE Ltd is a newly established organisation with the aim of delivering new modular housing on behalf of the London Boroughs and supported by £11 million of grant funding from the Greater London Authority’s Housing Innovation Fund. This role provides the opportunity to lead a first-of-its-kind, unique innovation project that will provide good quality family-sized accommodation for homeless households; providing a decent local alternative for households that may otherwise be temporarily placed in bed and breakfast accommodation.
About the role
PLACE Ltd are seeking to appoint a Development Manager to lead this new programme. The position will require specialist expertise in development, with an ability to lead proactively and develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders. The Development Manager will oversee the delivery of 200 new, factory manufactured homes that will be used as temporary accommodation.
The successful applicant must have previous success of delivering programmes of affordable housing with experience of obtaining the best value from consultants and contractors.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about PLACE Ltd or the Development Manager role , please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Information about PLACE Ltd – Chris Wood, Group Director – firstname.lastname@example.org | 07932 693292
- Information about the recruitment process – Laura Martell, Consultant – email@example.com | 07917 680837
How to apply
To apply for the role of Development Manager at PLACE Ltd, complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 3 sides of A4) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements.
- A supporting statement (no more than 3 sides of A4) explaining your motivation in applying for the Development Manager position at Place Ltd and how you would approach the role. Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role. You should also address the main areas in the person specification (summarising how you feel that your experience makes you a suitable candidate).
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website) and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 29th April and the job reference code is: ALT406. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files