Head of Safety, Aster Group
£55,755 per annum plus 10% car allowance, 26 days annual leave and other excellent benefits
About Aster Group
The Aster Group is one of the largest housing associations in the South West of England. The organisation owns and manages more than 28,000 homes, looks after over 75,000 residents and employs over 1,300 people.
Aster’s purpose is to be an ethical housing developer and landlord to benefit society. The organisation is a not-for-dividend business established in 1990 and has over £1 billion worth of assets. Aster will develop 9,500 homes over the next seven years for open market sale and shared ownership, reinvesting profits to develop homes for rent.
Aster’s vision is that everyone has a home, a bold statement but one which everyone across the business is passionate about.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Safety to join Aster’s Property Compliance team. The post-holder will be responsible for pro-actively managing Aster’s Safety Team and enabling continual improvement of safety systems, compliance and culture within the Aster Group. This includes responsibility for fire safety, systems and compliance and landlord health and safety.
As well as being a technical expert, the post-holder will possess first rate leadership skills and gravitas. This role is critical in promoting a positive and progressive health and safety culture across Aster, so proficiency in stakeholder relationship management is essential.
The post-holder will be committed to delivering excellent customer service and engage colleagues and customers alike in Aster’s health and safety strategy.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack and benefits leaflet. If, having reviewed this material, you would like a confidential and informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact our advisor at Altair Ltd:
- Alex Dellot, Principal Consultant – mobile: 07741 631194, email: email@example.com
Alongside the Head of Safety role, Aster is also looking for a Health and Safety Systems Compliance Manager and Fire Safety Manager. Further information about these roles will shortly be posted here.
How to apply
To apply for the Head of Safety position at Aster, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, and key achievements, as well as qualifications (Word and pdf versions)
- A short supporting statement (no more than 1,000 words) outlining your motivation for applying for the role and evidencing your suitability against the Person Specification (Word and pdf versions).
- Full contact details (including name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment monitoring form
The closing date for applications is 12 noon, Friday 29th June 2018 and the job reference code is ALT214. Your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files