Board Member, Fairplace Homes
£3,000 plus Expenses per annum
About Fairplace Homes
Fairplace Homes is a For-Profit, Registered Provider of Social Housing that operates across London and the Home Counties. Fairplace Homes was established and Registered in 2014 and has since then grown to provide housing solutions in a range of tenures to over 130 households in housing need.
Fairplace Homes’ mission is “To provide quality housing in response to local need”. It does this by delivering on three key strategic objectives:
- Growth – Increasing the number of homes managed by Fairplace Homes in a range of tenures in response to housing need.
- Relationships – To respond to local need by working in partnership with local authorities. Fairplace Homes is committed to forming relationships with local authorities with the aim of delivering more contracts for local authorities and to provide housing options for those in housing need including referrals from local authority housing registers as well as from Homelessness Prevention teams.
- Service quality – To provide high quality housing, management and maintenance services to our tenants, our landlord clients, and local authority partners.
About the role
We have two vacancies on the Board and, in addition to the usual skills required to be an effective board member, we are looking for candidates with Financial, Treasury management, Residential development and/or Acquisitions, Health and Social Care experience.
The Board has ultimate responsibility for the governance of Fairplace Homes. Board members are responsible for the viability, performance, sound management, strategic direction and values of Fairplace Homes through its staff.
How to apply
To submit an application, please provide the following documentation via email to: Zulihat.Muraina@altairltd.co.uk
- A detailed CV of no more than 1,500 words, including details of positions held and dates (including any achievements relevant to this position)
- A supporting statement of no more than 1,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Fairplace Homes and addressing how you meet the competencies outlined in the Person Specification
- Contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A Declaration Form (attached at Appendix 1)
- A completed Equality Monitoring Form (attached at Appendix 2)
The closing date for applications is 10:00am, Friday 12th October 2018.
Interviews Scheduled for week commencing Monday 15th October 2018.
Download the required files