Chair, Cornwall Housing
£11,000 per annum
About Cornwall Housing
Cornwall Housing (CHL) is an Arms’ Length Management Company of Cornwall Council created in April 2012. CHL is a substantial regional housing organisation, strongly connected with its communities and key stakeholders. We are a partner of choice and an influencer of policy within Cornwall and the South West and contributor to the health of the regional economy.
With around 10,700 homes in management including our own trade workforce, we also provide Housing Options support and advice to nearly 10,000 more families and individuals each year. We work to help tackle the causes of homelessness and help keep people off the streets and support Cornwall Council tenants to secure and maintain a well-maintained home to provide a foundation for a strong family life.
We have recently been awarded a new ten-year management agreement from Cornwall Council and this provides a great opportunity for a new Chair to join and help shape our outcomes-based strategy and future business opportunities for the next five years and beyond.
About the role
We are looking for our new Chair to maximise opportunities from our ten-year agreement; raise our regional and national profile as well as make an effective contribution on the Group Board of Corserv. Internally, we need someone who will actively lead our Board succession strategy and provide visible leadership to staff and the Council.
The right candidate will have excellent leadership skills and substantial non-executive experience, with an in-depth understanding of good governance. Senior-level experience of working in the social housing sector is essential and we are looking for someone with a good commercial background to help develop our services. We are also keen to attract someone with experience of working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including customers, partners, regulators and commissioners and preferably with local and/or regional networks.
Cornwall Housing aims to achieve equality and celebrate diversity in every area of its work, therefore we welcome applications to this role from under-represented groups on the Board.
For further information about this opportunity please download and review the recruitment pack. If, after reading the recruitment pack, you would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Underwood, Chief Executive – mobile: 07788 643092, email: email@example.com
Further information about Cornwall Housing is available from our website at: https://www.cornwallhousing.org.uk/
How to apply
To apply for this role please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please saving your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file in word and pdf format):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,500 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as qualifications
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,500 words) outlining your motivation for applying for the role and evidencing your suitability against PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (including name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment advertising monitoring form (please click the highlighted text to download the Word version)
The deadline for applications is 10:00am Monday 20 April 2020 and the job reference code is ALT270. Your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files