Board Members, CHP
£4,000 per annum
CHP is a locally managed and governed charitable housing association operating across Essex. The association provides high-quality homes for those unable to rent or buy privately. CHP was established in March 2002 following the transfer of housing stock from Chelmsford Borough Council and now owns and manages over 9,000 homes and has been developing new homes– the current development pipeline is approximately 350 new homes per year.
CHP’s vision is “to be the leading provider of homes in Essex” and its purpose is “to provide more homes for people unable to rent or buy privately”. This is supported by the association’s values:
- Committed to achieving our purpose
- Sharing responsibility for future success
- Being fair, open and honest
- Recognising the value of people
About the role
CHP is looking to recruit two new Board Members to join their team and support the governance of the organisation. CHP is looking for individuals with existing direct or indirect experience of the social housing sector who identify with the organisation’s core values and aims, in particular its focus on customers. CHP is keen to recruit Board Members who are interested in working with an organisation which is proud to have and retain its real social heart and purpose. Beyond these core requirements, CHP has a broad range of skill and experience requirements as a Board and welcomes applications from a variety of specialisms. Previous non-executive experience is not essential.
For further information about the role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a confidential and informal conversation about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mobile: 07806 602933, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Appleby, Markets & Growth Director – mobile: 07545 314749, email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for a Board Member position at CHP, please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,000 words, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements of relevant to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at CHP and addressing how you meet the competencies outlined in PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- A completed Disclosure of Interests Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 3rd September 2018. The job reference code is ALT222.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files