Chief Executive, Cornerstone
£90k - £95k plus generous benefits
Cornerstone is Exeter’s largest independent housing association. We have strong values and our objectives are to be a proud, caring organisation with an emphasis on high quality and which continues to grow. We own and manage about 1,400 homes, including 60 shared ownership, in Exeter and the surrounding districts, providing a home for 3,000 people at affordable levels of rent. We employ 77 staff including a direct labour force (DLF) of 45 operatives. Our annual turnover is over £6.6m and we look to add an average of 30 homes per year to our stock.
We are fiercely independent with a strong focus on quality and a customer centred approach. We are also passionate about what we do and are determined to continue to deliver more affordable housing, enhancing our services to our tenants and maintain the quality of the homes we provide. Indeed, one thing that sets us apart from other associations is the extent of refurbishment works carried out by our in-house DLF to undertake our investment programme of over £2m per annum.
Having had a very stable executive team for many years, we are going through a period of significant change, not least with the retirement of Rick Williams, the current Chief Executive after 34 years with the association and 25 years in this role. Within the past few months we have also recruited a new Head of Property Services and Finance Director following the retirement of previous post-holders.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional leader who shares our passion for and expertise in social housing. You’ll need to be credible, innovative and aspirational to help us drive forward our growing, high quality business in this challenging market. We are looking for people who will be ambitious for Cornerstone but who also recognise our values as being those of an organisation which is proud to have and retain its real social heart and purpose.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you wish to have an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Cornerstone or the role of Chief Executive, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management, Altair Ltd on 07806 602933 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Underwood, Co-Chief Executive, Altair Ltd – mobile: 07788 643091, email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for the role of Chief Executive at Cornerstone, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates) and key achievements
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,000 words) explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Cornerstone and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am Monday 12 August 2019 and the role reference code is: ALT259.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files