Operations Director, Hastoe Group
Kingston upon Thames or Saffron Walden
Circa £100,000 plus £7,500 car allowance and benefits
Hastoe is an organisation with a very clear sense of purpose: to work with rural communities; to build more affordable and energy-efficient quality homes; and deliver a high-quality service to our customers.
Established by the Sutton Dwellings Trust in 1962, Hastoe now owns and manages over 7,500 homes in over 70 local authority areas and nearly 300 villages. Our homes are spread across the south of England from Norfolk to Cornwall.
About the role
As Operations Director, you will have the opportunity to directly shape and influence how we deliver services across the organisation in the future. You will have responsibility for all our operations, including: asset management, housing management, customer services, repairs and Health & Safety.
We are looking for a candidate with strong professional expertise; a highly visible role model for staff; and the energy and drive to improve what we do to ensure our customers get an excellent service. This role would suit an experienced director, or provide an opportunity for someone ready to develop into a director level role.
As leader in the organisation, the successful candidate will need demonstrable experience and credibility of working with a range of senior stakeholders. If you don’t have this yet, the role provides significant opportunity for someone to develop into the role.
If you care about rural communities, the environment and want to work with others who share a similar passion, this job could suit your personal, corporate and social ambitions.
For an informal and confidential discussion about this position, please read through our recruitment pack and contact our retained advisor at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management, mobile: 07806 602933, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this role please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than three pages, including details of positions held and dates
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Hastoe and addressing Part One of the person specification, summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate. Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (attached at Appendix 2; a Word version is available on our website)
The closing date for applications is 9.00am, Monday 4th February 2019. The job reference code is ALT237. Your application will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Download the required files