Tenant Board Member and Tenant Board Observer, Impact Housing Association
Board meetings are held in Kendal and Carlisle
£3,000 (Tenant Board Member) / Expenses (Tenant Board Observer) per annum
Impact Housing Association (Impact or IHA) is a community-based and charitable housing association operating primarily in Cumbria and north Lancashire. The association owns 2,800 properties, which are primarily general needs accommodation but also supported housing and housing for older people, shared ownership properties, and affordable rent schemes.
In addition to core housing services, Impact also offers a range of additional services, including recycling and second-hand furniture operations, three Foyers for young people across Cumbria and a Community Centre in Workington. Impact is currently operating within its ‘2015 – 2020 Blueprint’, which sets out the association’s four core ‘Purposes’:
- Great Homes
- Poverty Reduction
- Transformation Service
- Raising Aspiration
About The Riverside Group
Impact will join The Riverside Group on 20th August 2018 as an asset owning subsidiary. Both organisations have jointly produced a comprehensive business case for the partnership outlining the success criteria.
The Riverside Group (Riverside) is a group of complementary businesses driven by a clear social purpose, with a charitable housing association at its core. Established 90 years ago as of 2018, the Group provides affordable housing, care and support services across England and Scotland, managing over 52,000 homes and operating across over 160 local authorities.
Riverside’s vision is “Transforming lives, revitalising neighbourhoods” – this is supported by the Group’s four key values: People-focused, Courageous, Trusted and Ambitious.
About the roles
Impact is looking to appoint two individuals, one of whom will serve as Tenant Board Member and the other a Tenant Board Observer. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are interested in helping to shape the strategic direction of this exciting partnership which will deliver exceptional housing and services for communities in Cumbria.
The role of the Tenant Board Member is to direct, control and scrutinise the affairs of Impact Housing in accordance with its objects and rules and ensure that its functions are effectively, efficiently and economically performed. Tenant Board Observers are invited to board meetings (and other board events) to strengthen the focus on customers within board debate and discussion. The role also offers a training and development opportunity for those tenants who might wish to become a Board Member in the future.
We are inviting any Impact tenants who are interested in becoming part of our new board to attend one of two information events that we are holding on Tuesday 18th September:
- 1 – 2.30pm at The Oval Centre, Salterbeck Drive, Workington, Cumbria CA14 5HA
- 4.30 – 6.00pm at Eden rural Foyer – Old London Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8ET
To register for the information events and receive further information regarding the role including recruitment pack please contact Zulihat Muraina at Altair: email@example.com or 07833 460160. For an informal and confidential discussion about these roles, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant – mobile: 07766 563068, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for one of these roles, please complete our registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A statement of no more than 2,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Impact and the skills and experience that you will bring to the role. If you would like to also send a copy of your CV then please ensure that this is also no more than 2,000 words.
- For applications for the Tenant Board Member role only – A completed skills matrix numerically assessing your ability against each of the skill areas specified in PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 10:00am, Friday 5th October 2018 for both the Tenant Board Member and Board Observer role. Preliminary telephone interviews held from Monday 15th October onwards and final interviews held on Wednesday 14th October.
The job reference code for the Tenant Board Member position is ALT231
The job reference code for the Tenant Board Observer position is ALT232
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence
Download the required files