Board Members (including Chair)
Board meetings held in Stratford (East London)
Remuneration: (Chair) £5,000, (Board Member) £3,000 per annum
About Major Housing Association
Major Housing Association (Major HA) is a For-Profit, Registered Provider of Social Housing that operates across London. Major Housing was one of the first for profit organisations to be registered by the Tenant Service Authority January 2011.
Providing a niche brokerage service, consultancy and management services to property owners, investors and developers. Our integrated approach allows us to create real value for our clients and their property assets in one of the most dynamic property markets in the world.
Major HA core principle relies on offering the right advice and then supporting it with a range of services capable of supporting a project from ‘inception to delivery’. This approach, coupled with their perspective to look beyond real estate, enables us to build long-term relationships with our clients.
Major Housing Association are now seeking to grow its board to help it achieve its aims and objectives. The Board will meet 6 times over the next 12 months, following this the Board meetings will be scheduled for 3/4 times a year. Board Meetings will be held in Stratford (East London).
About the role
We are looking to appoint two individuals to the Board, one of the appointees will serve as the Chair. In addition to the usual skills required to be an effective board member, we are looking for candidates with Development experience.
The Board has ultimate responsibility for the governance of Major HA. Board members are responsible for the viability, performance, sound management, strategic direction and values of Major HA through its staff.
How to apply
To submit an application, please provide the following documentation via email to: Zulihat.Muraina@altairltd.co.uk
- A detailed CV of no more than 1,500 words, including details of positions held and dates (including any achievements relevant to this position)
- A supporting statement of no more than 1,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Major HA and addressing how you meet the competencies outlined in the Person Specification
- Contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A Declaration Form (attached at Appendix 1)
- A completed Equality Monitoring Form (attached at Appendix 2)
The closing date for applications is 10:00am,Wednesday 6th February 2019.
Download the required files