Independent Committee Member – Care and Support Committee, The Riverside Group
Head office in Speke, Liverpool
£3,250 per annum plus reasonable expenses
About The Riverside Group
The Riverside Group (“Riverside”) owns over 55,000 properties across England and Scotland, making it one of the country’s largest housing associations. Riverside is also committed to delivering care and support services all around the country and is investing in the building of 20,000 new homes over the next 10 years. We are recognised sector leaders with regards to the quality of our governance and the financial stability of our organisation.
About the role
We are recruiting two independent Committee Members to join either our Neighbourhood Services Committee or our Care and Support Committee. These committees play a crucial role in our governance structure, reporting directly to the Group Board with responsibility for oversight and scrutiny of the services that we provide to our customers, ensuring that these are well-managed and that they deliver value for money.
The right candidates will have strategic leadership experience in a sector that prides itself on delivering excellent customer service. Experience of housing, care and support is not essential but successful candidates will need to evidence a keen interest in the sectors in which Riverside operates and have experience of complex operating environments.
Riverside is committed to supporting and promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This commitment is embraced by our Group Board and we are keen to attract a wide range of candidates to this role. We would particularly welcome applications from BAME and LGBT candidates.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the positions, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Search and Interim Management on 07806 602933 or email: email@example.com
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant on 07766 563 068 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the position of Independent Committee Member – Care and Support Committee at Riverside, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates) and key achievements
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,000 words) explaining your motivation in applying for this position at The Riverside Group and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed “Recruitment Monitoring Form” (please click the highlighted text to download the Word version)
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am Monday 28 October 2019 and the role reference code is: ALT261. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files