Director of Innovation, Shepherds Bush Housing Group
£95,778 per annum (plus 10% car allowance and other benefits)
About Shepherds Bush Housing Group
Shepherds Bush Housing Association (SBHA) was established in Shepherds Bush in the 1960s, following the campaigning inspired by Cathy Come Home (1966). The organisation has now grown into Shepherds Bush Housing Group (SBHG) and manages approximately 5,000 homes, primarily in the London Boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Hounslow. The Group comprises:
- Shepherds Bush Housing Association – a charitable registered social landlord
- Staying First – a charity supporting individuals to stay in their homes, wholly controlled by SBHA
- SBH Developments – a subsidiary of SBHA used for private and commercial property sale development; it is currently inactive
SBHG’s mission is social heart, business head, local impact:
- Social heart: “Our way of working builds and strengthens communities”
- Business head: “Our way of working means we make a lasting return on investment”
- Local impact: “Our way of working responds to what’s needed locally”
This mission is supported by the organisation’s values: Accountable, Innovative, Caring, Community Focused.
About the role
SBHG is looking to appoint a Director of Innovation to work across the organisation to lead on the delivery of the Future Fifty transformation programme. The aim of this programme is to improve and modernise SBHA as a whole organisation, driving improvements in service and cost through innovation and the use of technology.
Experience of a range of transformation tools and techniques in relation to areas such as culture, processes and technology will be essential, as will knowledge of what first-class customer service looks like and how functions, processes and technology can be designed to deliver that service. In-sector experience is desirable, but not essential. Please note that this post will be for a fixed term of 3 years.
For further information about this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Alex Dellot, Principal Consultant: office: 020 7934 0175, mob: 07741 631194, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Director of Innovation role at Shepherds Bush Housing Group, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and a brief description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than three pages, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements of relevance to an executive position)
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Shepherds Bush Housing Group and addressing how you meet the knowledge and experience requirements outlined in PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 20th August 2018. The job reference code is ALT219.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files