Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, Shepherds Bush Housing Group
£70,000 per annum plus benefits
About Shepherds Bush Housing Group
Shepherds Bush Housing Association (SBHA) was established in Shepherds Bush in the 1960s, following the campaigning inspired by Cathy Come Home (1966). The organisation has now grown into Shepherds Bush Housing Group (SBHG) and manages approximately 5,000 homes, primarily in the London Boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Hounslow. The Group comprises:
- Shepherds Bush Housing Association – a charitable registered social landlord
- Staying First – a charity supporting individuals to stay in their homes, wholly controlled by SBHA
- SBH Developments – a subsidiary of SBHA used for private and commercial property sale development; it is currently inactive
SBHG’s mission is social heart, business head, local impact:
- Social heart: “Our way of working builds and strengthens communities”
- Business head: “Our way of working means we make a lasting return on investment”
- Local impact: “Our way of working responds to what’s needed locally”
This mission is supported by the organisation’s values: Accountable, Innovative, Caring, Community Focused.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance to act as the internal expert on governance, regulation, risk management, internal audit and data protection. This position will also undertake the role of Company Secretary and will work with the Board, Executive and Leadership Teams to ensure that the highest standards of governance are in place.
A thorough understanding of the above areas will be essential, as will an understanding of the housing sector and the political agenda and regulatory landscape for social housing providers. Experience of senior management in a relevant role within a regulated environment will also be necessary.
For further information about this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Alex Dellot, Principal Consultant: office: 020 7934 0175, mob: 07741 631194, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance role at Shepherds Bush Housing Group, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and a brief description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than three pages, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements of relevance to a Head of Service-level position)
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Shepherds Bush Housing Group and addressing how you meet the knowledge and experience requirements outlined in PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 20th August 2018. The job reference code is ALT220.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files