Executive Director (Customer Relations), Silva Homes
Circa £105k plus attractive benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join our new executive team at the start of a major transformation programme and help lead the delivery of our new vision and strategic plan.
About Silva Homes
The association was established in 2008 (through stock transfer) and now has 6,500 homes in ownership and a further 1,100 leaseholders/shared owners. We have 210 employees, a turnover of £47m and operating margin of 25%. Our regulatory judgement of V1/G1 was reconfirmed after an in-depth assessment in Autumn 2018. Our approved financial plan is to build 1,100 homes over the next five years and our aim is to increase our capacity as far as possible without compromising the need for investment in existing assets. We are using our significant financial capacity to deliver our objectives and invest heavily in transformation as we create a more agile organisation and develop a new offer to our customers.
About the Role
The Executive Director (Customer Relations) will lead the directorate in fulfilling its role as the touch-point for all customer relations. The postholder will also have insight and influence in relation to all asset related service activities and make best use of business partnering services to help deliver our objectives: to focus on the customer experience; maximise digital services; and target resources to support those in greatest need and those at greatest risk of tenancy failure.
We are looking for an empowering leader with a good strategic and operational understanding of the functional responsibilities of this role and substantial experience of operating at a senior level in a complex customer facing organisation. The ability to inspire colleagues through confident, energetic and visible leadership is also essential. Up-to-date knowledge of legislative frameworks, regulatory requirements and key issues relevant to the post will also be important, as will the ability to work with boards and a wide range of stakeholders.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a informal and confidential conversation, please contact our retained advisor:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management at Altair Ltd: mobile 07806 602933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Executive Director (Customer Relations) position at Silva Homes, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (not exceeding 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, qualifications and key achievements
- A supporting statement (not exceeding 2,500 words) explaining:
- your motivation in applying for this position at Silva Homes
- how you think you are aligned to the approach we have described for this role
- how you fit what we are looking for in terms of personal qualities, attitude, and skills
- how you can evidence that you have the experience required
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 9am Monday 11 March 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT239. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files