Development Committee Member, Swan Housing Association
£5,375 per annum
About Swan Housing Association
Swan Housing Association celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. Swan is a group of companies working together for the benefit of the communities it serves. The Group owns and manages over 11,000 homes with an annual turnover of £91.1m (financial year ended 31 March 2018) and employs over 500 staff delivering a wide range of services across East London and Essex.
This is an exciting time to join Swan. The Group has an ambitious Corporate Strategy (2017 – 22) with partnership working at its core: “Together we can deliver more”. We aim to increase our turnover through our commercial activities to reinvest in services and affordable housing by working in close partnership with our staff, residents and stakeholders meaning that we can combine our skills, resources and energy to create a greater impact, make a bigger difference and allow us to deliver our social purpose.
About the role
We are looking for candidates with director-level (or equivalent) expertise in one of the following:
- Construction methodology/Modular homes development
- Sales and marketing analysis skills/development financials
In addition to professional expertise, candidates must be strategic thinkers and team players and have the ability to challenge appropriately and hold the Committee and officers to account. Commercial acumen experience is a pre-requisite as is an interest in or understanding of the social housing or property market. Non-executive experience is not necessary, but is desirable.
We are keen to attract people who reflect the communities we are working with and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Swan is a Disability Confident employer. The current remuneration is £5,375 per annum and the time commitment is at least four meetings a year. Committee meetings are held in Stratford, East London.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about becoming a a Committee Member at Swan Housing Association, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mobile: 07806 602933 email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for a Committee Member position at Swan Housing Association, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position (no more than four pages)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Swan and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than four pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack)
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 13 May 2019. The job reference code is Development Committee Member – ALT250.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files