Chair, Tai Calon Community Housing
Meetings are held in Blaina, South East Wales
£12k per annum
About Tai Calon Community Housing
Tai Calon Community Housing is a community mutual housing association with nearly 6,000 homes in Blaenau Gwent County Borough. Working in an area which celebrates its industrial and social history, our vision is to provide good quality, affordable homes, that meet the needs of current and future generations in vibrant communities. With a turnover of over £25 million we are a major employer in the area with over 260 staff who all contribute to our success.
We are a social business, close to our customers, constantly evolving the services we deliver in response to identified needs. Our committed staff, many of whom live in our communities, are valued and encouraged to be creative as they carry out their important roles. We are an organisation that is ambitious to be the best we can and we are improving our performance year-on-year.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Tai Calon, with a new strategic plan being developed, we need your help to steer our strategy at board level. We wish to recruit a new chair and two new board members to join the board. We are seeking motivated individuals who have an empathy with tenants and their communities. Your background is less important to us than your appreciation of the area in which we operate, and your willingness to share our vision and values.
The position of chair will suit an energetic, strategic leader who has operated at board level and has the breadth of experience to be able to help govern our business and work with us to deliver successful outcomes for our customers, staff and other stakeholders.
We are keen to attract people who reflect the communities we are working with and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Board meetings are generally held on a Monday at our head office.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you wish to have an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Tai Calon or the roles, please contact:
- Joe Logan, Chief Executive – 07976 349865| firstname.lastname@example.org
or our retained adviser at Altair Ltd:
- Judy Wayne , Director – 07880 606067| email@example.com or
- Sioned Hughes, Principal Consultant 07887 791381| firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the position of Chair at Tai Calon Community Housing, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position (no more than three pages)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for a position at Tai Calon and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than three pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and is also in the recruitment pack)
- Completed Equalities Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and is also in the recruitment pack)
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Friday 28 June 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT254
Download the required files