Board Member, Thrive Homes
Meetings are held in Hemel Hempstead
£5,250 per annum (up to one day per month)
About Thrive Homes
Thrive is a housing association formed in 2008. We own and manage around 4,700 homes in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire – some of the most expensive areas in the country. We pride ourselves on being a professional landlord with a strong regional presence offering homes for rent at social, affordable, intermediate and market levels and for sale as shared ownership. These products address the needs and aspirations of our target customers who have household incomes from benefits levels to £80,000 per year.
We are currently developing around 150 new homes each year and are ambitious to increase delivery. Increasingly supply comes from land led opportunities that provide greater control over the quality of the product and flexibility to change tenure to address market conditions.
Our vision is a professional landlord creating quality homes where people enjoy living. To deliver this, our focus is on
- Being resilient with a strong financial base
- Growing our portfolio
- Offering a fair deal to customers
- Being a good place to work
About the role
Thrive Homes’ Board has ultimate responsibility for the governance of the organisation. Its central role is to lead, direct, control, scrutinise and evaluate Thrive Homes’ work. This includes:
- Determining strategic direction and policies
- Establishing and overseeing control and risk management frameworks
- Satisfying its self on the integrity of financial information
- Ensuring that the organisation achieves its aims and objectives
Each Board member has a:
- General duty to act in the interests of the company, being committed to the corporate objectives and core values of the company.
- Duty to ensure that the company observes its rules.
- Duty to govern the company with proper skill and care, contributing to, abiding by and assuming collective responsibility for, board decisions.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role of Board Member at Thrive Homes please contact our retained advisor at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search, Altair – mobile: 07806 602933 email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for the role of Board Member at Thrive Homes, please complete our online registration and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position (no more than four pages)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Thrive Homes and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than four pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 24th June 2019. The job reference code is ALT256. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files