Policy Development, Qualitative and Quantitative Research and Analysis, Statistical and Data Analysis, Report Writing, Technical Editing, External Communications
Cassidy is a research and policy professional working across Altair’s various work streams. Prior to joining Altair, she studied the process of evidence-based policy development, which informed her perspective on designing and examining research. At Altair, she leads data, analysis and research activities to strengthen recommendation and strategy reports. This includes the upkeep and design of data sets, surveys, benchmarking, literature reviews, and qualitative and quantitative housing research.
Since joining Altair Cassidy has also supported a number of our international projects, with a focus on providing analytical and research support to help develop housing policy initiatives or support the review of market analysis and feasibility studies.
Cassidy is interested in the interplay between the economy, public policy, and international housing markets and shares relevant industry commentary via e-bulletins on Altair’s website.
Recent projects include:
- Short-listing suitable housing market policy interventions and collated policy packages for a government housing policy board to inform future housing policy.
- Conducting primary and secondary research on site in Rwanda as part of a pilot city feasibility study and preparing appropriate reports and presentations.
- Conducting primary research and undergoing demand analysis for affordable housing products for international clients.
- Preparing a procurement options appraisal and soft market testing to identify suitable off-site housing providers for a procurement consortium based in the South West of England.
- Conducting secondary research for and designing a bespoke research modelling tool to devise appropriate off-site housing technologies and approaches for a consortium of Welsh Housing Associations.
University of Cambridge - MPhil Public Policy