Cathy Beazley (nee Durham)
Governance, regulatory issues, strategy development, audit, assurance, risk management, investigations, quality and compliance.
Cathy is Service Delivery Director at Altair and a member of our Leadership Team. She is responsible for delivery of client projects, focusing on quality and resource management.
She has considerable knowledge and experience of governance, audit, assurance and implementing practical risk management, including working with Boards and Executive Teams. She is a Chartered Internal Auditor and is qualified in Internal Audit Leadership. Cathy has worked in the housing, local authority and finance sectors.
Prior to joining Altair, Cathy was Group Director of Internal Audit for a leading social housing and care provider.
- Governance and board effectiveness reviews for several housing associations
- Facilitated board strategy and training events
- Governance advisor and critical friend to recently merged housing associations
- Completing IDA preparation reviews including board briefings
- Investigations resulting from whistleblowing and regulatory actions
- Board appraisal support for housing associations
- Board risk training and development sessions
- Governance advice and support
- Facilitating the design and implementation of control risk and assurance frameworks
* The Guinness Partnership – Group Director of Internal Audit
* Aylesbury Vale District Council – Audit and Assurance Manager
* Barclays – Various banking & auditing positions, including Senior Internal Auditor