Financial modelling, developing and reviewing business plans in Excel and Brixx, development project appraisal.
Joanna is a qualified Chartered Accountant with 17 years’ experience in the housing sector. After qualifying as an accountant at Deloitte, she transferred to the company’s Financial Modelling Group in the Corporate Finance business, where she reviewed and built Excel models supporting transactions for financing transactions, private equity deals and public-private partnerships. Prior to joining Altair in August 2016, Joanna was the business planning accountant for a large London-based housing association with a significant development programme and supported housing business. Previously she worked as a financial analyst at a medium-sized London housing association where she focused on business planning, capital accounting and development appraisal.
Recent projects that Joanna has been involved in include:
- Updating clients’ business plans
- Reviews for Brixx models and related regulatory submissions
- Stress testing HA business plans
- Business planning support and bespoke modelling for new entrants to the sector, including for-profit providers
- Modelling market rented schemes in commercial subsidiaries and as part of option appraisals
- Advising on development approval governance processes for an expanding medium-sized HA
- Reviewing business plan development capacity to inform the growth strategy of a small HA
- Modelling scenarios for the impact of Universal Credit on arrears
One Housing Group – Group Business Planning Accountant
Octavia Housing Association – Financial Analyst
Deloitte – Consultant, Financial Modelling Group (Corporate Finance)
Degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Oxford University)
MSc in Food Policy (City University)