Human resources, employment law, strategic and operational partnering, leading and managing HR teams, stakeholder management, performance management, organisational change, employee engagement, employee wellbeing, facilitating, coaching and training.
Liz is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD). She has a general HR background and a wealth of experience in most aspects of HR management and development, having worked at a senior level, providing HR support and advice to executives and other managers.
Liz was Head of HR Business Partnering at James Hay, a large pensions platform, where she led the HR team of six to deliver best practice and commercially focussed HR solutions, much of which was during a time of significant change within the business. Part of the role was also as strategic HR business partner to the key functions within the organisation.
Prior to that, Liz ran her own HR and coaching consultancy for 10 years primarily working with SME business owners/leaders.
Liz qualified in Business Studies and Finance from Kingston University and holds a post-graduate diploma in HR Management. She also has an Intermediate Diploma in Executive Coaching from the Academy of Executive Coaching.
Recent projects that Liz has been involved in include:
- Managed and provided advice to managers on numerous complex employee relations cases including, grievances and disciplinaries, capability and settlement agreements
- Defined, developed and launched new Performance Management process across the business embedding regular 1:1’s, objectives for 100% of staff, values/behaviours and calibration process
- Developed and implemented new annual (and pulse) employee engagement survey, which saw an increase in participation from 40 – 82%
- Defined, developed and implemented HRBP model, to move towards improved service delivery with automation and team development, where focus has transitioned from reactive/efficiency to more proactive/effective HR function
- Introduced and developed HR strategy and procedures to ensure good practice, compliance and to support business goals including all legal documentation, senior management team meetings, HR IT system and reducing recruitment costs by over 25%
- Reviewed current structure and team against future needs, to support this organisation during rapid expansion and diversification. Developed an HR strategy and action plan to address workforce issues and delivered leadership and team development to ensure team could meet immediate business needs
Head of HR Business Partnering at James Hay Partnership, pensions planning investment platform
HR Consultant for own business and associate for People Puzzles, part-time HR Director
Head of HR for HCR, Corporate and HM Forces Relocation Company
Head of HR for The Mortgage Corporation