Coaching and mentoring, governance, leadership development, business analysis, strategy, options appraisal, due diligence, restructuring and turnaround, procurement and commercial management.
With over 20 years’ experience of working in advisory and leadership roles across a wide range of sectors, Sarah has an excellent ability to understand the complexity of businesses and build strong relationships with clients, based on their bespoke needs.
As a Chartered Accountant and qualified Executive Coach, Sarah brings commercial rigour and strong analytical skills, but her focus is also on people, culture and building cohesive teams. This is at the heart of her individual and team coaching work but also extends into governance, where she has extensive experience in board development and non-executive recruitment.
Sarah’s work with Altair includes executive and leadership coaching, board effectiveness and governance reviews, investigations, recruitment, IDA support and organisational development. Based in Manchester, Sarah leads on many of our projects in the North but also works with colleagues across the UK.
Prior to joining Altair, Sarah spent 10 years with a global professional services firm in audit and restructuring roles and then held a leadership role with a private-equity owned SAAS business, focusing on delivery consultancy and software solutions to housing providers.
Recent projects that Sarah has been involved in include:
- Design and facilitation of a three-year 360-degree board appraisal programme for a national RP
- Leadership coaching with a Head of Department within a Housing Association
- IDA preparation support for a variety of Registered Providers, including interview coaching and document analysis
- Board effectiveness review for a financial services organisation
- Non-executive recruitment for organisations including Riverside Group, Muir Group and Prima
- Governance review for a large regional Housing Association
- Feasibility study for joint working between housing and health sectors
- Investigation on behalf of the board of a medium-sized Housing Association (including reporting to the Regulator)
Valueworks - Consultancy Director
EY - Audit and Corporate Restructuring Manager
HDN Board Excellence Programme - Board mentor
EY Foundation Accelerate Programme - Coach
ICAEW member (2001 to date)
ILM7 Executive Coaching and Mentoring (2019 to date)
Calico Group - Group Board member and Audit Committee Chair> Back to Team