Steve Douglas CBE
Board and senior executive strategy and governance. Specialises in organisational change management, leadership and strategic advice on all aspects of affordable housing, development, management, risk and growth.
Steve is Group Chief Executive of parent company Aquila Services Group plc. He brings a wealth of experience gained from years of working in the housing sector. He has held a number of senior regeneration and development positions, as well as being Chief Executive at two housing associations and the Housing Corporation. As Chief Executive of the Housing Corporation, Steve had responsibility for an £8.4 billion three-year budget to deliver 155,000 affordable homes and for regulating England’s 1,500 housing associations. In addition, he led on the creation of the national Affordable Homes Programme, and the introduction of private sector organisations delivering affordable homes.
Recent projects that Steve has been involved in include:
- Mergers, acquisitions and demerger strategies for a range of housing organisations
- Major organisational and strategic reviews across the country and internationally
- Leading regulatory reviews and investigations
- Mediation, coaching and mentoring
- Board and Senior management business planning and horizon scanning
- New Business and diversification reviews for public and private sector organisations
- Recruitment of a number of senior executive and non-executive directors in housing associations and ALMOs
- Housing Management Options reviews for local authorities and ALMOs
- Leading sector influencing research projects
Spitalfields CHA - Chief Executive
Asra Greater London HA - Chief Executive
The Housing Corporation - Chief Executive
Politics, Philosophy and Economics - Oxford University
One Housing Group – Chair
Optivo Homes ( formerly AmicusHorizon) – Vice Chair until March 2018
Rich Mix Arts and Culture Foundation - Former Trustee
Commonwealth Housing Charity - Chair
Northern Housing Commission - Member
Non- Executive Director 3C-IT Consultancy to the affordable housing sector.
Awarded a CBE in the 2019 Queen’s Birthday honours for services to housing.