Altair provides senior executive interim managers across a wide range of disciplines in affordable housing. All of the interims we supply go through a rigorous assessment and referencing process. Equally importantly, when on placement, our interims become part of our Altair team – with regular access to our expertise, and knowledge of our wider team, bespoke tools, market intelligence and network of contacts. This means that our interims are always up to date, have a good understanding of the sector and can deploy rapid solutions to the benefit of their clients.
To register your interest in becoming an Altair Associate, please complete this form
Altair provides a full range of executive and non-executive recruitment solutions including advertising, executive search, selection and psychometric assessment.
Our team, drawn from across the business, has extensive knowledge and senior networks in housing, property and regeneration and we have a strong track record of placing candidates from within and outside of the sector.
As individuals and a business, Altair has a strong commitment to diversity, and this runs through our whole approach to recruitment - both non-executive and executive. Our track record of achievement in relation to diversity is illustrated by statistics; of the 225 candidates we have placed in senior executive and non-executive positions since Altair started operating, 54% identify as female and 20% are BAME. We also have a strong track record in the identification and recruitment of LGTB candidates and those with disabilities.
We have achieved these impressive results by ensuring that diversity considerations are integrated into every step of our process to ensure that our clients have a diverse candidate pool – though not at the expense of compromising the overall quality of candidates. Equally importantly, we stay in touch with our placed candidates and tap into their networks.
We use our extensive and active diversity networks to search for candidates. For example, we are facilitating the Leadership 2025 programme which has established a training and mentoring scheme for BAME potential leaders in the housing sector and consequently we have a growing network of over BAME leaders and potential leaders in the housing sector and beyond. Our networks also include Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers, the Disability Smart Awards, Women in Social Housing and Women on Boards, for example, and we use these networks to source potential candidates.
We have recently completed the following assignments virtually:
• Chair, two Board Members and an Audit Committee Co-optee - Peaks and Plains Housing Trust
• Chief Executive - Walterton and Elgin Community Homes (WECH)
• Co-optee - Adra and three Committee Members - Medra
- Board Co-optee and DevCo Board Member, Peaks and Plains Housing Trust
- In addition to the usual requirements for a Co-optee Board Member we are looking for current or recent senior knowledge and experience of overseeing significant residential development programmes in the housing or commercial sectors (non-executive experience is not essential).
- Remuneration: £4,999 per annum plus expenses
- Non-Executive Director, Coastal Housing Group
- Coastal Housing Group are looking to recruit Non-Executive Director positions
- £5,000 per annum
- Board and Committee Member, Wythenshawe Community Housing Group
- WCHG is looking for a two new non-executives: a Board Member with customer services expertise and a Committee Member with development expertise.
- Currently voluntary but remuneration under review. Reasonable expenses paid.