At Altair, we work with you to understand your particular situation and customise our best practice perspectives to your specific requirements to ensure that our joint efforts drive genuine improvements in governance performance.
Together with our sister company Oaks, we have experience of governance across the social housing sector, the third sector, education and sports, and across the UK and Ireland.
Smart Governance Solutions
Altair have collaborated with Digi-Board Ltd to combine advanced technology with expert knowledge of the NHF Code to support clients with a simple and efficient method to review, improve and measure their boards: Digi-ScoreBoard.
Key features of the tool include the ability to:
- Specifically designed for the housing sector
- Intelligent insight into the effectiveness of boards and committees
- Easy to use and interpret reports driving the focus to key points of discussion
- Interactive reporting enabling exploration and interrogation of findings
- Visual presentation of results to stimulate debate, discussion, and insight
- Ability to benchmark against peer organisations within the sector
- Annual monitoring of progress to track impact and changes
- Provision of assurance on compliance against key requirements
- Digital platform with easy completion of questionnaires
This collaboration between Altair and Digi-Board provides a more proficient governance offer to a wider range of organisations in the sector. With Digi-Board’s digital approach, and Altair’s expertise of governance in the housing sector, clients will receive specialist support and a service tailored to the specific requirements of their board.
Altair Aptitude is an excel based tool which quantifies governance processes, ensuring future planning and recruitment of board and committee members are aligned to your organisation’s strategic objectives while current and future skills gaps can be easily identified.
Our range of Governance support
At Altair, we provide rational, objective and, where appropriate, challenging advice – we are familiar with handling complex and sensitive information, we will remain independent and offer challenge where appropriate.
We offer advice and support in areas such as:
- Governance reviews – we provide strategic and practical advice for board and executive teams. This includes assessment of all aspects of board and executive performance and development, providing valuable expert opinion, recommendations and implementation plans on the effectiveness of your core business and governance.
- Board effectiveness reviews – is your board genuinely effective in its key roles?
- Compliance reviews – assessing compliance with regulatory standards and Codes of Governance
- Skills audits and appraisal support – making sure the skills on your board are optimal and stay that way
- Strategic Risk Management – helping you to identify risks, assess their impact on your business and ways to mitigate them effectively.
- Risk and assurance – we help boards to seek and obtain assurance, as well as explore the links between strategy, risk and control.
- VFM strategy development – including reporting frameworks
- Regulatory advice / preparation for In-Depth Assessments
- Special investigations and management – We are appointed by organisations to carry out special investigations when they are in the regulatory spotlight; we act as special managers handling complex and difficult situations.
We also have a full-scope support process for new registered provider registrations, including those for-profit organisations entering the sector. More details can be found here.
As well as Board and Executive level support and strategic advice, our clients often choose to access our inter-related services around financial consultancy, development and asset management, executive and non-executive recruitment and organisational excellence – covering areas such as process and service reviews, HR and IT.
If you want to learn more about our governance services please contact Cathy Beazley.