At Altair, we are acutely aware of the rapidly changing environment and the challenges our clients face. The reduction of funding, the squeeze on budgets and the emphasis on value for money. In this environment, your strategy, your appetite for risk, your financial stress testing and business planning for the future – be it short or medium term – becomes vital.
We work closely with you in a challenging and helpful way to develop an understanding of your issues, facilitating your thinking to produce creative solutions that help your business thrive in these volatile times.
We provide rational and objective advice – we are familiar with handling complex and sensitive information, we will remain independent and offer challenge where appropriate.
We offer advice and support in areas such as:
- Thought leadership – second-to-none advice and creative ideas.
- Options reviews
- Organisation design
- Corporate strategies
- Corporate culture reviews
- Growth, mergers & acquisitions – assisting you through all aspects, from identifying business opportunities, potential partners, negotiation with potential partners and due diligence through to post-merger integration.
- Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Service reviews – our consultants use their operational expertise to evaluate and help improve your services, as well as guiding you through any regulatory and legal requirements.
- Service improvement
- Reviewing markets and competition
- Data and analytics
- Policies and procedures
- Away-day facilitation
As well as Board and Executive level support and strategic advice, our clients often choose to access our inter-related services around financial consultancy, development and asset management, executive and non-executive recruitment and organisational excellence – covering areas such as process and service reviews, HR and IT.
Local Authorities and ALMOs
Over many years we have developed a strong track record working with local authorities to review their housing revenue account and housing management arrangements including where appropriate an assessment of the performance of their ALMOS. We have conducted both strategic and financial reviews, and renegotiated management agreements. Increasingly, we are also supporting local authorities to undertake strategic options appraisals of how best to increase supply of affordable housing – see the section on local authority development companies on our property page for information on how we are then supporting LA housing companies into their operational phase.