Annabel heads up our Sustainability Services, working with clients to support them to understand and rise to the key challenges in becoming a sustainable business. Annabel works with Boards, Executive Teams and delivery teams to provide proactive, practical and expert advice on the full range of climate conscious initiatives, relevant to the housing sector. This includes working to ensure that a ‘Sustainability Golden Thread’ runs right through the organisation – linking strategy with the operational delivery of programmes and specific activities.
Programme & project management, net zero and decarbonisation strategy & change, ESG, affordable housing, environmental accreditations, environmental resilience, carbon accounting, stakeholder management, development delivery and public sector procurement.
Annabel is a PRINCE2® qualified and Practitioner of IEMA, specialising in environmental transformation, regeneration, and housing delivery.
Annabel has over 12 years’ experience in delivering a variety of projects and programmes across the public and private sector. Annabel has a track record navigating the corporate landscape to design and implement housing and environmental sustainability transformation programmes.
She routinely delivers a high-quality set of outputs on schedule and within budget to high client satisfaction. Annabel has refined written and communication skills essential for managing key stakeholder relationships. She is hard working, conscientious and an enthusiastic person who thrives on producing exceptional results.
Recent Altair Assignments
Abri, Carbon reduction planning and net zero horizon scanning (Project Director) 2023
- Supported Abri in developing various pathway options to Net Zero and develop specific targets for net zero at an organisational and operational level.
- Worked with key client stakeholders to identify and develop projects required to support delivery against Abri’s wider net zero targets.
- Undertook an assessment to identify the transitional risks which Abri were exposed to, overlaying the implications onto their forecast emission profiles.
St Arthur, net zero strategic direction setting (Project Director) 2023
- Prepared a board level briefing report designed to educate and upskill the board on net zero sector legislation & policy at macro and micro level, competitor activity, opportunities of proactive net zero action, climate related risk exposure, guidance on suggest strategic aims and objectives.
Aster, Carbon Budgeting (Project Manager) 2023
- Created a bespoke framework and procedure for setting year on year carbon budgets at organisational and directorate level throughout the organisation.
Thrive, Sustainability net zero strategy development (Critical friend) 2022-23
- Provided critical friend support to the client aiding the development of their net zero and wider ESG strategy, embedding a golden thread throughout other strategic documents.
- Oversaw and advised on data collection and calculations of Thrive’s baseline carbon footprint.
Cornwall Housing, Air source heat pump remediation (Project Director) 2022-23
- Oversaw delivery of investigations into properties where ASHPs had been installed to identify further retrofit works required to help reduce energy bills and increase energy performance.
Abri, Carbon budgeting and accounting framework design (Project Director) 2022
- Designed a bespoke carbon budgeting framework to support the implementation of Abri’s strategic objective of delivering year on year carbon reductions to achieve a net zero status by 2030.
Greener Future Partnerships (GFP), Energy Efficiency Review (Project Director) 2021
- GFP is a partnership of HA organisations namely Abri, Anchor, Home Group, Hyde Group and Sanctuary.
- Undertook research on behalf of GFP to challenge the hypothesis that SAP is the best method of assessing the energy efficiency of their existing housing stock.
- Level 3 Award in Introduction to Domestic Retrofit
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- Practitioner of the Institute for Environmental Management & Assessment
- University of Southampton – Environmental Science BSc (Hons)
Outside of work Annabel enjoys playing sports such as tennis and golf. More recently Annabel has taken up running in an attempt to keep fit and keep the pounds off as a keen cook and foodie!
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]