Anne-Marie Bancroft (she/her)
Anne-Marie leads Altair’s Consumer Regulation services. She provides support to our local authority, housing association, ALMO and profit-making registered provider clients to ensure that they meet the expectations of the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) in relation to the Consumer Standards. Anne-Marie also provides expert advice to our clients in relation to the Housing Ombudsman Code, and how landlords should listen to and act on the voice of their residents. All of this is enabled by a deep understanding of the cross-cutting expectations of the Building Safety Regulator, the RSH and the various Codes of Governance in use across the social housing sector.
Consumer regulation, complaints, resident engagement, research, tenancy change, regeneration, housing management, strategy, policy, change, culture, EDI.
Anne-Marie is passionate about embedding the changes proposed within the Social Housing White paper, the Hackitt Review, and the Social Housing (Regulation) Act 2023. At Altair, Anne-Marie has supported our clients to ensure that they comply with the Consumer Standards through a range of mechanisms including independent assessment, workshop facilitation, critical friend support and hands on delivery. Prior to working for Altair, Anne-Marie worked in social housing for 15 years, starting in operational roles within neighbourhood services, before moving into complaints handling and then gaining significant experience in delivering strong and meaningful resident engagement. She has improved customer offers, particularly in the area of building safety related resident engagement and compliance with the Consumer Standards.
Recent Altair Assignments
Recent projects that Anne-Marie has been involved in include:
- Complaints assurance reviews for a large national housing association, an ALMO and a small housing association in London.
- Independent Assessments of Compliance with the Consumer Standards for both South-West and a South-East based housing associations.
- Independent Assessments of Compliance with the Tenant Satisfaction Measures for a South-East based housing association and a Local Authority.
- Independent reviews of the handling of individual cases of ASB, Repairs and Complaints for a small housing association and an ALMO.
- Support for the recruitment of Customer Committees and Scrutiny Groups for Housing Associations based across the country.
- Support to Customer Committees, Scrutiny Groups and other formal and informal engagement functions for Housing Associations and Local Authorities across the Country.
- Research into the Provision of Floor Coverings in Social Housing for the Longleigh Foundation.
- The Sheila Seleoane Report for the Peabody Group.
- Resident engagement lead on the Regina Road regeneration scheme including managing a statutory consultation and ballot for LB Croydon.
Prior to working at Altair, Anne-Marie was Customer Engagement Manager for Salix Homes and was central in the setting up the award-winning Salix Homes Customer Committee.
Housing Practice MSc
CIHCM (Level 5)
Law and English BA (Hons)
Inside Housing (2023) Consumer-led inspections
Inside Housing – Comment – A new inspector calls: consumer-led inspections are a fine art
Inside Housing (2022) Tenant voice and diversity
Inside Housing – Comment – How tenant voice and diversity connect, and why social landlords need to care about both
Inside Housing (2022) Recruitment of tenant board members
Inside Housing – Comment – Be brave and commit: how to tap into your tenant base to find board members
The Provision of Floor Coverings in Social Housing
Learning Report 2: Tenant Perspectives | Altair (altairltd.co.uk)
Learning Report 1: Scene Setting | Altair (altairltd.co.uk)
Anne-Marie loves running and reading (not at the same time!). Anne-Marie is attempting to learn the violin (much to the dismay of her family, neighbours and pet dog, Mickey).
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]