Ben works under the title of Assistant Director as part of the Property Team offering Asset Management, Development and Building Safety consultancy services to various social housing clients
Providing strategic and project specific advice and guidance to RSL and Local Authority clients on technical and compliance matters including contract management, project management, design and specification, quality assurance, feasibility and cost analysis, health and safety and fire safety compliance.
Ben’s most recent work has centred around aiding and advising clients on their approach to, and implementation of, Government guidance and changing legislation following the Grenfell Fire. This has included the production of strategies for identifying risk, establishing mitigation and remediation processes, the collation of a ‘Digital Record’ of building safety information. Ben also recently worked for G15 Member, holding responsibility for the delivery of 8 re-cladding schemes, ranging in scale with a total combined value of approx. £17m.
Recent Altair Assignments
- Defining and setting up the digital record process to ensure compliance with legislation emerging from the Hackitt Review recommendations and Government guidance Senior Consultant
- Project and Programme Management of 8 recladding schemes – Total approx. value £17m
- Development of a Building Safety and Cladding remediation strategy including processes and procedures, technical and operational guidance, and team structures
Notting Hill Genesis
- Working on the delivery of a Project Management Toolkit for the delivery of Building Safety works (including cladding remediation), providing a resource centre made up of Process and Procedural documentation, Project Management Template documents and technical and operation guidance
- Working with Developers to rectify defective cladding systems and provide routes to compliance
- Project Management of re-cladding programmes
Ben previously worked for Frankham Consultancy Group’s multidisciplinary surveying team and covered all aspects of surveying for various clients. One of Ben’s main roles was as lead consultant/designer for The Portman Estate’s high-end refurbishment programme for their Georgian Period stock, helping to maintain and enhance their property rental values through effective design and refurbishment solutions, predominantly involving the reconfiguration of layouts, and the subsequent management and Contract Administration of those programmes. Due to the properties being within a conservation area, and often being listed, this would typically require intensive planning consultation. Refurbishments of properties were generally in the realms of £200k-£400k and varied in terms of technical complexity.
Ben also worked as part of Peabody’s Asset Management team delivering their annual planned maintenance and refurbishment programmes, Ben had responsibility for the delivery of programmes with a total value of approx. £18m pa.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant
In this article, we catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant at Altair. Lauren contributes a wealth of expertise to […]
The Missing Jigsaw Piece: Customer Voice & Procurement
In collaboration with Altair’s Consumer Regulation Team, this article explores the current policy landscape and organisational practice to understand how […]
Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies. We are […]