Cathy is the Operations Director at Altair – responsible for the delivery of client projects, focusing on quality and the management of our resources.
Governance, regulatory issues, strategy development, audit, assurance, risk management, investigations, quality and compliance.
Cathy has considerable knowledge and experience of governance, audit, assurance and implementing practical risk management, including working with Boards and Executive Teams. She is a Chartered Internal Auditor and is qualified in Internal Audit Leadership and has worked in the housing, local authority and finance sectors.
Prior to joining Altair, Cathy was Group Director of Internal Audit for a national social housing, care and support provider.
Recent Altair Assignments
- Governance and board effectiveness reviews for several housing associations
- Facilitated board strategy and training events
- Governance advisor and critical friend to recently merged housing associations
- Completing IDA preparation reviews including board briefings
- Investigations resulting from whistleblowing and regulatory actions
- Board appraisal support for housing associations
- Board risk training and development sessions
- Governance advice and support
- Facilitating the design and implementation of control risk and assurance frameworks
The Guinness Partnership – Group Director of Internal Audit
Aylesbury Vale District Council – Audit and Assurance Manager
Barclays – Various banking & auditing positions, including Senior Internal Auditor
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]