David, MD of Broadgate Creative Ltd, has led major housing consultation and communications programmes for over 30 years, including on LSVT, ERCF and SRB projects. He has worked with a range of established housing providers on positioning for growth strategies and change processes (including mergers and group structures).
David advises providers on a range of strategic communications issues including developing visions & values, communicating in a time of crisis, brand development and corporate reputation management. He has a particular focus on providing boards and senior leadership teams with strategic guidance on the role of communications in the delivery of core business objectives.
David was the International Marketing Communications lead on the recent Altair International project in Port Beira, Mozambique.
- Creating the Marketing & Communications Strategy for the Chiveve Urban Green Park
- Devising a benchmark market research survey for implementation at a local level in Beira, providing training for the research team, analysis of data and generation of research report
- Providing sample and template documentation on event planning, PR, sponsorship etc to support the local in-house communications team to deliver on the ground
- Carrying out the Beira Capacity Building Mission – trip to Mozambique to train and work with the local in-house communications team and their advisors to develop an approach to marketing communications on the ground that will deliver on the business objectives of the Park
- Providing remote support to the Mozambiquan communications consultants
- Contributing to management reports for the project.
BA Hons in English & American Studies
L2 ECB Coach
David has written and co-written publications including:
- Living in a Green Home
- Hastoe – a social history
- Rural innovation in practice – building rural affordable homes
- The Housing Association Pledge to Migrant People
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant
In this article, we catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant at Altair. Lauren contributes a wealth of expertise to […]
The Missing Jigsaw Piece: Customer Voice & Procurement
In collaboration with Altair’s Consumer Regulation Team, this article explores the current policy landscape and organisational practice to understand how […]
Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies. We are […]