Dr Fiona Underwood
Fiona is Executive Chair of Altair and Executive Director of its parent company Aquila plc. She has worked in a wide array of sectors and brings a wealth of experience into her role as an adviser to boards and executive teams, specialising in governance and strategy.
Governance, strategy development, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, investigation work, project management, mentoring senior executives and Board members.
Fiona has managed and grown the businesses she has worked in and her private sector experience includes mergers and acquisitions, and leading large-scale transformation programmes.
Recent projects that Fiona has been involved in include:
- Governance advice and support
- Governance reviews for numerous RPs
- Leading strategy sessions for boards and executive teams
- Assisting in the development of an organisation’s risk appetite
- Leading boards through scenario-planning exercises
- Lead adviser roles in numerous mergers
- Special manager assignments in Scotland
- Coaching and mentoring for Chairs, Non-Executive Directors and Executive Directors
- Investigations resulting from whistleblowing and regulatory action
Tribal consulting – Managing Director of Housing, Regeneration and Local Government; Director of Strategy and Housing Practise
KPMG – Senior Business Advisor
CBI – Head of Competitiveness and Business Performance, Head of Manufacturing Industries and Technology
BAE Systems – Various roles
Independent consultancy work
Author of the Cosmopolitan “Lessons Learned” report
Outside work Fiona enjoys travelling, walking, photography and fly fishing.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant
In this article, we catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant at Altair. Lauren contributes a wealth of expertise to […]
The Missing Jigsaw Piece: Customer Voice & Procurement
In collaboration with Altair’s Consumer Regulation Team, this article explores the current policy landscape and organisational practice to understand how […]
Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies. We are […]