Graham is responsible for the co-ordination and development of our services to local authority clients, including their local housing companies and arms’ length management organisations (ALMOs).
He has worked in housing for 30 years in both the public and private sectors advising all types of organisations: local authorities; housing associations; profit making providers and their funders; charities; and commercial developers.
- Local authorities and their subsidiary housing companies and ALMOs
- Regulation, governance, and compliance
- Business planning and risk management
- Strategy development, policy, and research
Graham is known for his ability to apply a detailed understanding of the regulatory framework and operating environment to his clients’ real world challenges in order to arrive at pragmatic and workable solutions.
Outside of Altair, Graham is a non-executive director of a not-for-profit consumer credit company, providing responsible lending to people otherwise excluded from mainstream financial services. He also enjoys time with family and friends, as well as travelling and food. As a self-confessed fair weather football supporter he has recently abandoned Manchester United in favour of his resurgent home town team – the mighty Stockport County.
- Confidential investigation into regulatory breaches and housing health and safety compliance for a London local authority
- Business case and implementation plan for a council’s wholly owned housing development company.
- Housing development options’ appraisals for numerous local authorities
- Technical advice on rent setting for a local authority housing company
- Renegotiation and extension of two ALMO management agreements.
- Housing management strategy and procurement of an outsourced provider for a London local authority wholly owned company
- Numerous registrations of new social housing vehicles, both profit-making and not for profit.
- Facilitating board away days, scenario planning, risk management and strategy development
Managing Director of a start-up profit making registered provider.
Housing consultant – ten years of consulting to the local authority and registered provider sectors both independently and with Altair.
Housing Association Director – focussed on feasibility and business planning for a commercial subsidiary. Supported all its commercial activities.
Local government – twenty years’ experience in a variety of senior housing related roles.
Fair Finance – Non-Executive Director. Fair Finance is a not-for-profit social business tackling financial exclusion by providing loans, advice and support for financially vulnerable people in the UK.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant
In this article, we catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant at Altair. Lauren contributes a wealth of expertise to […]
The Missing Jigsaw Piece: Customer Voice & Procurement
In collaboration with Altair’s Consumer Regulation Team, this article explores the current policy landscape and organisational practice to understand how […]
Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies. We are […]