Jim is a qualified Chartered Accountant who has worked as a consultant in the housing and local authority finance sectors for the past 25 years.
Treasury and funding. strategic business planning, merger and pre-merger business planning, due diligence reviews, development feasibility modelling, treasury management, financial viability reviews, strategic financial advice and providing financial training for boards.
Jim has an extensive knowledge of financial regulation, viability and funding for Registered Providers and advises Boards on financial governance, IDA preparation, business planning, stress testing and mitigations, merger planning and new registrations .
Recent Altair Assignments
Recent projects that Jim has been involved in include:
- Treasury strategies, funding options appraisals and funding advice for medium sized RPs.
- Financial viability reviews on behalf of the Housing Agency Regulation Office
- Interim Finance Director, providing strategic financial support, for one of the largest housing associations in Wales over a two-year period.
- Financial Viability Reviews of Registered Providers for the Homes and Communities Agency.
- IDA preparation and mock assessments for three medium sized RPs
- Financial viability advice for registered social landlords in Scotland, working closely with the SHR.
- Strategic business planning, financial modelling and facilitating a board away day
- Financial governance work with several RPs
- Providing training and with Boards to develop strategic financial planning and stress testing
- Development of a flexible tenure model for a consortium of housing associations in the South East and further rolled out to a housing association based in Wales.
Altair – Director Finance team
Tribal Consulting, Director – Housing Finance Team
Starfish Consulting Ltd (a supported housing consultancy), Founding Director
National RP, Finance Director
London Chartered Accountancy Firm, Audit Manager
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant
In this article, we catch up with Lauren Trevelyan, Principal Consultant at Altair. Lauren contributes a wealth of expertise to […]
The Missing Jigsaw Piece: Customer Voice & Procurement
In collaboration with Altair’s Consumer Regulation Team, this article explores the current policy landscape and organisational practice to understand how […]
Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies. We are […]