Kirsty Hickson (she/her)
Kirsty is a Senior Consultant within Altair’s Transformation and Change practice.
A creative thinker, Kirsty enjoys working with clients to build tailored solutions that fit their aspirations and needs, critically evaluating the impact at an operational and strategic level.
Kirsty places high value on establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders. Kirsty strives to deliver a credible and engaging ‘personal brand’ by demonstrating conscientiousness, dependability, and inspiration; positioning herself to expertly support change and implementation initiatives.
- Change management
- Implementation planning and delivery
- Leadership and Management
- Transformation and service improvement
- Service delivery model
- Social Care and CQC – Services for older people, adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Supported Housing – Extra Care, Independent Living Services, Homelessness, Housing Management
Kirsty is a Change Management Practitioner and has 10 years of experience as a senior leader within the social housing and care sector. She has a postgraduate diploma in Management Consultancy, alongside vocational qualifications in leadership, and health and social care.
At Altair Kirsty works with housing association, care and support, local authority, and private investment clients; spending most of her time delivering large-scale implementation projects, alongside service reviews, strategic options appraisals, and operating model projects.
Kirsty is experienced in delivering services within the specialisms of services for people with learning disabilities, older people, and people experiencing homelessness. Kirsty has worked as and managed CQC Registered Managers within social care settings.
Recent Altair Assignments
- Implementation support for operations within a national UK care and support provider
- Development of a Target Operating Model for an Approved Housing Body in Ireland
- Design of housing and care solutions for a London local authority
- Capability mapping for a large UK housing association
- Project support and judge for Thinkhouse Early Career Researcher’s Prize 2022 and 2023
- Independent options review of an ALMO for a Local Authority
- Development of Target Operating Model for large care and support provider
- ‘Deep dive’ service review of Homeowner Service for large national RP
Homes and Communities Lead – Coastline Housing
Postgraduate Diploma in Management Consultancy
APMG Change Management Practitioner
NVQ Level 7 Diploma Management
CIH Level 4 in Housing
NVQ 4 Health and Social Care
IOSH Managing Safely
The plight of social care – how can housing come to the rescue?
Kirsty has a young family and enjoys spending time with them exploring her native Cornwall. She enjoys being active; walking, running, cycling and more recently fair-weather paddleboarding. Kirsty is quite practical and likes to ‘try her hand’ at some DIY with her husband through building and renovations, and she loves cats!
Alongside her employment, Kirsty volunteers as Treasurer for a local Preschool Committee.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]