Matt McCormack Evans
Matt is a highly experienced, transformation and service design expert. Matt leads Altair’s Transformation and Change practice, working with clients across socially focused sectors to help them design, develop, and deliver impactful and positive change for their organisations, customers, and wider stakeholders.
Matt works with a variety of organisations across the housing sector, care and support, and local and central government, supporting them to address their biggest challenges by combining strategic thinking, smart design, and a keen appreciation of complex systems.
- Ability to understand intricate interactions and dependencies across functional teams to deliver transformation and service improvement to the most complex commissions
- Adopts systems thinking to design and deliver impactful target operating model design across a range of contexts
- Utilises his expansive knowledge of both the sector, and operational practice, to provide sophisticated organisation design products
- Implements critical thinking throughout his practice, positioning him well to deliver robust operational service reviews
Matt has been with Altair for over a decade, predominantly delivering a range of transformation and strategy projects, including Target Operating Model (TOM) design, corporate strategy development, service reviews, options appraisals, service design, and process improvement projects.
Before Altair, Matt worked in the charitable sector, supporting organisations to influence the political and public agenda.
Recent Altair Assignments
- Development of a Target Operating Model for large national care and support provider
- Whole organisation Target Operating Model design for a large national RP
- Innovative design of virtual regional teams for a regional housing provider
- Organisation design of finance, strategy, and data functions for a large national RP
- Options development of an Independent Living Service of an LSVT
Lobbying in the not-for-profit sector
Contact centre coaching/management
Durham University – MA Philosophy
When not working, Matt is usually kept busy by his three young children. He also spends time watching rugby league (mainly HKR), listening to audiobooks, and eating good cheese.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]